Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The red couch

One of the final stops in a Chinese adoption is the red couch at the White Swan Hotel. For some reason, it has become the Chinese adoption photo.





Brett was feeling well enough to go swimming with Amanda which she LOVED. He also went on a river cruise with the group at night. He told me you'll know when she wants something since she'll start making happy noises and almost singing.
He has not participated in a lot of the group touring opportunities due to him or Amanda being sick, but he will get her home and that is the important part. Only two more sleeps and Brett and Amanda come home.

To be honest, I'm a little nervous and downright scared. She sounds like a live wire and quite stubborn about the things that will keep her healthy (sleep and food). I'm seeing it as a two year old standoff with a little girl who really doesn't know what is going on. She is controlling the things she can control. It seems like she saw the initial days with Brett as a fun party and now she just wants to go "home" to the orphanage - party's over! But she doesn't understand that her whole world is changing...a change for the better, but a change she can't understand. I think once we get into a routine at home, she should improve. You can only be so consistent in a hotel while traveling in a foreign country. Also, at home we have two little boys that I can use as props for what is acceptable behaviour and the rewards of good behaviour. I'm hoping they will also help ease her transition. All I can say is that the prayer level around here will definately be "never ceasing". I'm thankful that I know God who understands this little girl and her needs and sorrows.

No comments:

Post a Comment