Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Today was a good day

Today was a much better day than yesterday when I boo hooed a lot to Brett on the phone about being overwhelmed. Yesterday ended with a team meeting to get Amanda speech therapy services. They were exclaiming how adorable she was and how personable. They noticed too that she was very quick in imitating. All things I needed to hear since I get a lot of whining from her and to be honest, it sucks the life right out of me. I needed that encouragement. The speech therapist asked her to open her mouth and she did it no problem. She then continued to do it every time he looked at her as if she knew "this is the guy who wants to look inside my mouth". I was able to tell them exactly where she was with oral sensitivities since I have been down that road before. I was already doing the things I needed to do in order to get her less orally sensitive since I've already done all that once before. Her whining is that she knows what she wants and doesn't have the communication skills yet to tell us.

Today, we got her to say "mama". I don't think she associates it with me yet, but she is trying to imitate. I am seeing how a youngest child, aka "star of the family" gets born. It's because they have all these people who think everything they do is the cutest little thing. She definitely has her fan club. There were a lot of squeezy hugs from her today and an overall nice attitude. Still a lot of whining, but not as much hitting, so we take what we can get. All in all a better day. The adoption two step continues - two steps forward, one step back.

No comments:

Post a Comment