Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Where Amanda came from



I just recently saw this picture on a yahoo group for people who have adopted from Xuchang orphanage. This is the type of room where Amanda was first brought. A lot of little cribs - very institutional - not at all like a home. This picture was taken in September 2007 when a family from the Netherlands went to pick up their new daughter. Amanda was four months old. She may have been in one of those little cribs. I thought about this picture as I was changing her diaper. She has scars on her bottom from what I'm assuming to be a very bad case of continual diaper rash. Not enough workers to go around and change all those little bottoms as much as they needed it. As I thought about it, I told her she would never have that type of rash that made her bottom so sore that it caused scaring. I gave her a kiss. She doesn't know what all that means, but for now, I know that she is in a family and not getting the attention she needs will never happen again.

No comments:

Post a Comment