Friday, May 21, 2010

Her past life

Amanda is fully acting like a natural born child of ours. We tend to forget now that she spent the first two years of her life in an orphanage. Every once in a while though, we get little glimpses of her life pre-Benson.

I was watching Oprah yesterday and they had a preview to the Baby movie. It's about four babies and their first year in different parts of the world. I know she likes to see babies so I told her to look at all the babies. She was having a good time until it came to one baby whose older sibling pushed her over and she started crying. No one came to her rescue. This REALLY upset Amanda and she came to me sobbing and crying wanting to be held. I just held her and kept telling her that I'm your mommy, I'm your mommy. That seemed to calm her down and she got up and went back to playing. She has either a soft heart for those in need or a wound of what she didn't get. This has happened before when she saw a similar situation with a baby. Love can heal a lot of wounds, but only time helps you to forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment